Our client, the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan (HEC) is an autonomous institution responsible for the primary funding, oversight, regulation, and accreditation efforts for higher education in Pakistan.The organization formulates higher education policy and ensures that international standards are met, as well as providing recognized academic degrees, developing new institutions, and uplifting existing institutions in the region.
Our client aimed to optimize and automate its degree attestation process by formulating a systematic queue management practice that facilitates a large number of walk-in applicants to be served speedily and transparently by fewer staff. Previously, the queue management system deployed at HEC worked in isolation, and the degree attestation process was largely manual. This greatly hampered the attainment of benefits captured through broad capitalization of the existing infrastructure.
The client’s goal required a solution that methodically serves applicants from the very first step of registration through to document receiving with minimal human error and processing time. After thorough analysis and intra-team discussion, seasoned BPM consultants at Systems Limited possessing vast knowledge and experience in mission-critical deliveries proposed the implementation of IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) and its seamless integration with the client’s existing Queue Management System (QMS).
The implementation offered an intuitive web portal that integrates with the client’s internal portal to expedite and ease out the degree attestation process cycle for their internal and external stakeholders. The entire procedure was vigorously reengineered to effectively mitigate redundancies and wastage.
Strategic implementation of IBM BPM and its integration with QMS furnished numerous benefits to our client and its stakeholders:
- A highly scalable and flexible solution to account for changing sectoral policies and client needs over time.
- Powerful and comprehensive reporting capabilities to measure and improve performance against preset metrics, e.g. total time per served applicant, cost per processed application, total number of applicants served in the shortest time over a particular time period, etc.
- Intuitive user interface and automated communication between stakeholders makes the process clear and hassle-free for applicants.
- The solution provides grand integration-centric capabilities with QMS and other incongruent systems to accelerate the transition of information between different entities, and to create a collaborative environment for faster decision making and turnarounds.
- Greater visibility and transparency of processes allows improved identification of procedural inefficiencies and bottlenecks.
- Reduced total cost of ownership through provision of scalable capabilities and robust architecture that encompasses a wide spectrum of requirements while accounting for technological limitations.
Degree attestation services account for 45% of the client’s total fiscal revenue. Additionally, Priority Queue Management and various financial and business cases aggravate the complexity of the practice, creating the need for an all-inclusive solution approach. Using a swift and tested project methodology, our technology-agonistic workforce conducted in-depth analyses of the process objectives and scope to deliver cost savings, agility, and sustained growth of assets over a short span of time.The resulting tactical solution helped our client cut application turnaround time by 60% and upsurge the overall time efficiency of the process by 75%.