Step 1: DEFINE
Presentations were held on 4th December 2019 by CodeLogic participants in Lahore and Karachi, in front of a panel of judges.
Participant teams presented some very innovative and interesting solutions to the Car Parking issue at Systems offices while judges gave them some constructive feedback.
Step 2: REFINE
Participants submitted their working solutions on 27th December 2019.
Judges will review the codes and then demonstrations of the solution will be held.
Winner Announcement: TBD
The application should be divided into two parts:
- Backend as APIs
- Application – Use of Modern frontend is encouraged. (React, Angular, Vue etc.)
Following are coding/development guidelines that need to be adhered:
- Code should be checked in a version control system.
- Requirements should be broken down into smaller chunks and documented in the form of user stories.
- Frontend tests should be written for all components in their respective test suites.
- Test coverage should be above 90%.
- Pull requests are only merged if they successfully pass the code quality (Linting) & tests on CI.
- A readme file detailing how to check out, run the project tests, and generate coverage reports.
Bonus points for implementing the following:
- Github or TFS as a VCS.
- A proper branching model for the code commit.
- Test Driven Development.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment – After merging the code should automatically be deployed to a cloud; such as Digital Ocean, Heroku, Azure, Aws etc. where applicable.
- A Quality Gate configured to pass the merge request.